Monday, January 30, 2012

Making yourself a priority

So many of us are guilty of this. We make everyone and everything else a priority over ourselves. If you're a mom, dad, husband, wife, friend, co-worker ect. it happens at some point in your day where you push yourself aside so you can do something for somebody else. And that's OK, to an extent.

That is probably the biggest excuse that I hear from people and why they can't work out, because the do not have the time to do so. Well guess what? YOU HAVE TO MAKE THE TIME! I know, I know. I am just as guilty of this. If you ask my friends and family, I am the epitome of a "people pleas er" which means I care WAY TOO MUCH about what others think of me sometimes. It is a virtue and a fault all bundled together.

I have realized that it is not just about working out to look killer in my new bikini. It is about my overall health and well being so I can be a better friend, co-worker, daughter ect. Be honest, when you get done with that workout that you pushed through even when you didn't want to do it in the first place, don't you just feel kick ass? Like you can now take on the world? That is because working out releases those feel good endorphins that makes you such a happier and pleasant person to be around! I NEVER regret doing a workout when I am finished. I do feel accomplished, pat myself on the back for finishing and am now more focused to take on the rest of the chores and work I have left to do for the day.

I have said this before and I will say it again. It is TIME for YOU to do something for yourself! DO NOT FEEL BAD for taking that 30-60 minutes to do something for you that will benefit your health, life and the people around you!

NO MORE EXCUSES!

No comments:

Post a Comment