Thursday, January 5, 2012

Ballet and P90X2

So last night, I was talked into doing a beginners ballet class.

I haven't done any kind of structured dance or ballet in the last 20 years! And let me tell you, this was more of an intermediate class, NOT BEGINNER haha! I have always loved ballet, it is a beautiful dance and the dancers always have these amazing bodies. And after doing the class last night, I can see why. You use muscles that  you don't know you have.

I actually surprised myself though and didn't do nearly as bad as I thought I would have :) The stretching on the bar was amazing, the floor work more challanging but all in all, I think this may be a very good thing to incorporate into my P90X2 workouts.

And yes GUYS, ballet and/or yoga is good for you too! (there was a guy in class who in between breaks was doing hand stand pushups!) Even if you are heavy into bodybuilding and lifting, you NEED to be flexable. The more flexable you are, the more likely you are to prevent injuries when you lift heavy or max out.

I think by doing ballet, it will help me get more centered, balanced and in tune with my body for my P90X2 workouts. And also by doing P90X2, it will help me become stonger in ballet.

This is a win win situation!

1 comment:

  1. The most improvement health wise for me since I've started doing P90X has been due to the Yoga workouts ... The Ballet-P90X2 combination should give you killer results in the long run :)

    ReplyDelete