Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Dealing with what life throws at you

So in a previous blog, I mentioned that I had hurt my back dead lifting in July. It got better, worse, then worse again in October. I have been to doctors, chiropractors and finally a sports therapist. (He is amazing by the way) I finally see a light at the end of the tunnel but let me just say that I never want to be in this kind of pain ever again in my life.

Needless to say, I haven't really been able to train, run, do anything since mid October. Its been a terrible internal battle between wanting to get better and not pushing it but also being super depressed from seeing all my hard work and progress start to dwindle. This is not how I saw my year starting out.

But, I have decided that I WILL get better. I WILL have good days and bad days. I WILL have set backs but I WILL also have accomplishments. My therapist actually told me Monday that I am doing well and that I can start running again, I just have to listen to my body and take it easy when I need to. The fact that I was in pretty good shape before this happened has actually helped in the healing process and I know my muscles will remember what they are supposed to do when I get to 100% and can start being my normal active self again.

We all go through hardships, its how we deal with them that determines our outcome. I am not going to lie, I had some pretty rough days where I was on the verge of tears, was disgusted by what I saw in the mirror and had a really bad attitude about the whole situation. Once I stopped all the negative thoughts, I felt a new zest for getting myself healthy and pain free. I am super determined and motivated to keep the good energy in and the negative out!

If you are dealing with a situation in your life where you just cant see the light, just know that it WILL get better. You WILL come out victorious. JUST HANG IN THERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment