Friday, May 11, 2012

More Tips for Changing It Up

I am at that point in my routine where I am not seeing the results as quickly as I was before. This is where I used to get frustrated and kind of give up in a sense; and I know I am not the only one who has had this mind set.

Last December when I decided to become a Beachbody coach, I also decided to change my thought process on working out. It was no longer to just work out to work out. I had specific goals this time and also a partner in crime who asked for some advice on lifting weights since that was not part of her routine.

By helping her, having specific goals for myself, and changing my mind set, I can now say that I am probably in the best shape of my life at 29 than I ever was at 20.

So with that said, when you do hit a plateau, and we all do with our workouts, DO NOT GIVE UP. What you have to do is work that much harder. You need to change up the routine, add more weight, add more cardio, make a change in diet to reset your body.

Here are a few things you can do:

1. Balancing the Weight:
Getting ripped is not about suddenly transforming the look of your muscles by doing high repetition isolation work. That is so ineffective and won't overload your muscles like the exercises that train several muscle groups simultaneously. What do you think burns more fat: pedaling on a Mini-stepper or running in deep sand? The latter option, right. Same idea about choosing the right exercises. Do not spend sets on a peck deck machine when you can do dumbbell presses where you need to balance the weight. Balancing the weight recruits more muscle fibers than letting some dumb machine do half the work for you.

2. Eat to Control your Hunger:
Eat to control your hunger. You can make your oatmeal double sized but no extra calories by adding whole flaxseed or psyllium husk. *Do it like this: Cook the oatmeal according to the package. Then stir, add 3- 5 tablespoons of whole flaxseed or 1 tablespoon of psyllium husk. Stir. Cook for another 3 to 5 minutes. The fiber in the seeds bind with the oats/brans and you get a better serving.

3. Try Adding One more Set:
Want to burn more calories? Add one set more on each exercise. If you add six different exercises that will yield six more minutes tops. In one week that might be 30 minutes more training which burns more calories for you.

4. Make Eating Boring:
Make it boring to eat. Take your bowl or plate and sit where there is no TV, no magazine, nothing - look at the food, be present. You will find out that you will get full faster than if you eat while watching Seinfeld.

http://cutandjacked.com/Pauline-Nordins-Top-5-Tips-To-Get-Ripped





No comments:

Post a Comment